Need advice on whether to register for VAT?
For VAT registration we can assist with...
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register;
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities;
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business - some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don't.
See here for related: VAT Factsheets
In addition we can assist with...
- Completion of VAT Returns or training on how to complete them;
- VAT planning;
- Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs;
- Attendance at VAT inspections.
Compliance with VAT is becoming ever more complex. Investigations from the VAT Office can be intense - all the more important that you have an accountant who is successful in negotiations with them.
We take best advantage of the reliefs available and the interpretation of the regulations. This is an extremely important feature of the service provided as it ensures peace of mind for all our clients.
We can help you with VAT in the following ways...
- Applying for and advice on VAT registration;
- Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business;
- Completion of VAT returns - either from your books or we can do the bookkeeping for you;
- Dealing with VAT control visits;
- Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs.
Worried about a VAT Inspection?
Our VAT Healthcheck service is designed to find any VAT issues before the VAT Officer does
Why not call us in prior to any visit?
A healthcheck can...
- Review and sample check your accounting records for errors;
- Sample test the most common errors that the VAT inspectors look for;
- Statistically analyse your completed VAT returns;
- Sample check the completion of VAT returns;
- Compare your VAT returns against your annual accounts;
- Check the VAT treatment of your sales;
- Consider whether you are making best use of relevant VAT schemes;
- Ensure you are correctly applying the rules of VAT schemes;
- Identify VAT planning opportunities.
For more information contact Ian Conyers on 0116 261 0061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org